Prep 5 mins
Cook 26 mins
I saw this on a cooking show today, and made it for dinner tonight. I made a couple of changes, namely substituting smoked trout for the smoked salmon, dill for the chervil and I used regular veg stock and added freshly cracked black pepper to the finished dish.
- 2 tablespoons butter (plus extra) (optional)
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 cup arborio rice
- 3 cups reduced-sodium vegetable stock (total of 750ml)
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup fresh mixed herbs, such as basil, parsley & chervil
- 200 g smoked salmon
- Melt butter in casserole dish in microwave set on high for 2 minutes.
- Stir in chopped onion and microwave on high for 2 minutes.
- Add rice, microwave on high for 4 minutes.
- Add stock and cook on high for 9 minutes.
- Remove dish from microwave, stir rice mixture, then cook on high for an additional 9 minutes.
- Remove dish from microwave and let sit for a couple of minutes, then stir in a dollop of butter (optional), parmesan and chopped herbs. Serve risotto topped with slices of smoked salmon.