- 1⁄2 cup fresh breadcrumb
- 1⁄4 cup 2% low-fat milk
- 1 onion, minced
- 1 stalk celery, minced (with leaves)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄4 cup minced sweet green peppers or 1⁄4 cup red pepper
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 lb lean ground beef
Directions See How It's Made
- In large bowl, combine bread crumbs and milk. Stir in onion, celery, garlic, egg, parsley, sweet pepper, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, pepper and salt; mix well.
- Add beef; mix just until combined (do not overmix).
- Pack mixture into 9x5-inch loaf pan. Bake in 350°F oven for 1 hour. Drain off excess fat. Let stand 10 minutes; cut into thick slices to serve.