Recipe by Pets'R'us
I like the cheese, herbs and garlic in this potato dish. You can use other herbs if you prefer, parsley and chives is also a nice combination. It will depend on the type of potatoes you use how much milk and sour cream you need.
Top Review by I'mPat
Totally packed full of flavour with nothing being predominant, I used fresh basil and garlic chives from the garden and a sharp extra tasty vintage cheddar (though only about 3 ouces instead of 4 and garnished the left overs on the mash) I was only serving 3 but had enough for 4 or 5 so it looks like potato cakes in the morning for breakfast. Made for Pets' Cook-A-Thon in her memory.
- 5 -6 medium potatoes, cleaned,cubed,unpeeled
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and sliced
- 4 ounces mature cheddar cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 cup milk (or more)
- 4 -5 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped basil
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- 1 dash fresh nutmeg, to taste
- salt and pepper, to taste