Recipe by Kikimony
You can use dried herbs if you choose (unsure of amount - half maybe?). It still tastes great. Also, I like more garlic with mine.
Top Review by Derf
These mashed potatoes were a perfect match with our baked steak tonight! and very tasty. I used dried herbs except for the parsley and replaced the sour cream with plain yogurt, only used about 1/4 cup of milk, we like our mashed potatoes a little dryer than most people. Also used a hand masher, simply because I perfer the texture it gives. the taste was excellent, thanks for sharing.
- 6 1⁄2 cups cubed peeled baking potatoes (about 2 3/4 pounds)
- 2 cloves garlic, halved (more if you prefer)
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh oregano
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper