Recipe by Swan Valley Tammi
You'll never have plain mashed potatoes again! (Well, unless there's gravy, of course!) I add a generous amount of ClubHouse Steakhouse Pepper seasoning as well and sometimes top with cheddar cheese.
Top Review by Shirl (J) 831
Who would have thought mashed potatoes could be so GOOD !!! Thanks for the wonderful recipe. Made as is with no changes. I will make this again !! great change from plain ol potatoes.
- 4 large potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1⁄3 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried rosemary (crushed, if desired)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne (optional)
- paprika (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place potatoes in a saucepan and cover with water. Cover and bring to a boil over medium-high heat and cook for 15-20 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet, saute onion and garlic in margarine until tender.
- Drain and mash the potatoes; add onion mixture, sour cream, and seasonings.
- Spoon into a greased 1 1/2 quart baking dish and sprinkle with paprika, if desired.
- Cover and bake at 350F for 25 minutes.