Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
A simple herbed and cheesed macaroni, less rich than traditional mac and cheese.
- 8 ounces uncooked macaroni noodles
- 2 -3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 3⁄4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese, to taste
- 2 dashes freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 roma or Italian plum tomatoes, chopped
- Other possible additions: 1 clove garlic (finely minced) sauteed with the tomatoes, sliced mushrooms, or steamed broccoli florets.
- Bring large pot of water to boil; cook pasta until al dente; drain well.
- In a skillet over medium heat melt the butter and saute the tomatoes for 4 minutes.
- Add the basil and parsley, stir, then add remaining ingredients and the hot noodles and toss to combine.
- Garnish with additions suggested above in step 1.
What a fantastic recipe! I enjoyed it so much! It was so simple to prepare, but chock full of flavor. The key is to use garden fresh herbs and tomatoes, which I did. I sauteed a minced clove of garlic with the tomatoes in the butter and felt that this was the way to go. I served with chicken vegetable soup that I had made for my grandma. I would definitely make this again. Thanks!
We liked it. We were looking for a quick side dish and had macaroni noodles but no cheddar cheese. This fit our meal perfectly. Thanks!
OMG! This was soooooooo good! I made this as part of a recipe swap & I am so glad I did. I have been under the weather, and this was the comfort food I needed. The only change I made was to use canned tomatoes. Great adopted recipe!