Herbed Lentils With Couscous
- Combine the lentils and water in a medium saucepan, bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 15 or 20 minutes or until tender. Drain and set aside.
- While the lentils are cooking, cook the couscous according to package directions, but omit the fat and use 1/2 teaspoon of the salt and 1/4 teaspoon of the cayenne instead of the seasoning called for.
- Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the onion, ginger , and cumin: cook, stirring occasionally, until the onion is softened, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the tomatoes, raisins, coriander and the remaining 1/2 of teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspooon of cayenne. Cook stirring occasionally, until the tomatoes are softened, about 4 minutes.
- Stir in the lentils., cilantro and lime juice.
- To serve, place the couscous on a large platter and top evenly with the lentil mixture.