1/1 Photo of Herbed Lentil Pilaf
A great side. Recipe adapted from "more gluten-free and easy" cookbook by Robyn Russell. 1 Aussie tablespoon = 4 teaspoons. Serves 6 as a side dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 red onion, diced (spanish onion)
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons crushed garlic
- 1 cup basmati rice (200 grams)
- 400 g lentils, rinsed and drained (14 oz tin)
- 3 spring onions, finely chopped (scallions or green onions)
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup coriander leaves, chopped (cilantro)
- 1/4 cup mint, choppd
- 1In a large saucepan, heat the oil and cook the red onion, ground coriander and garlic over a low heat for 5 minutes, or until the onion has softened.
- 2Stir in the rice and 2 cups of water (17 fl oz). Cover the pan and bring to the boil.
- 3Reduce the heat and simmer gently for approx 10 minutes, or until all the liquid has been absorbed.
- 4Remove the pan from the heat, fluff the rice with a fork amd leave covered for another 10 minutes.
- 5Meanwhile, make the dressing. In a glass jar with a lid, combine all of the dressing ingredients and shake vigorously to mix.
- 6Add the rinsed and drained lentils to the rice along with the chopped spring onions and herbs. Pour over the dressing and mix well.
Browse Our Top Lentil Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Herbed Lentil Pilaf
Serving Size: 1 (157 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 363.8
- Calories from Fat 161
- Total Fat 17.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 203.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.8 g
- Sugars 4.6 g
- Protein 9.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine vinegar