Recipe by zeldaz51
A not-spicy and citrusy riff on Tandoori. Do NOT use lemon-flavored yogurt for this, as it's loaded with sugar and is meant as a dessert. Not a good idea. Adapted from a recipe in "Living the G. I. Diet". This can also be baked in a 400 degree oven on a greased rack over a baking sheet for about 25 to 40 minutes.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- grated zest of one organic lemon
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary (or other herbs, like tarragon or thyme, use 1/3 amount if using dry herbs)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- white pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk together the oil, garlic, zest, juice, herb(s), salt, and pepper. Place chicken and marinade in a sturdy Ziploc bag, add marinade, massage to coat meat, close, and, refrigerate at least 2 hours to overnight.
- Preheat a grill pan or an outdoor grill and grease it lightly. Remove the excess marinade from the chicken and discard it. Place the chicken breasts on the greased surface over medium-high heat. Close the lid and cook, turning once, until no longer pink inside, about 12 minutes.