25 hrs 15 mins
Best ever BBQ ribs, heavenly!! Marinating time included in cook time. from Canadian Living Mag.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 10 lbs pork spareribs
- 2 cups vegetable oil or 2 cups olive oil
- 18 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1/3 cup coarsely grated fresh lemon rind
- 1 cup lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons crumbled dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons dried rosemary
- 2 tablespoons dried sage
- 2 tablespoons savory
- 2 tablespoons marjoram
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 teaspoon crumbled dried mint
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1In a large stockpot, cover ribs with boiling water, cover and bring to boil.
- 2Reduce heat and simmer for 45 to 60 minutes or until ribs are tender.
- 3Drain and let cool, pack into large heavy plastic bag.
- 4Combine oil, garlic, parsley, lemon rind, lemon juice, thyme, rosemary, sage, savory, marjoram, pepper, mint, allspice, cumin and cayenne, pour over ribs, coating meat evenly.
- 5Tie bag closed, place in large bowl and marinate in refrigerator for 8 to 24 hours, turning bag over periodically (Note: there is just enough marinade to cover ribs, not to swish around).
- 6Remove ribs, reserving any marinade, bring ribs to room temperature.
- 7Cook on greased grill over hot coals or on high setting for about 10 minutes per side or until meat comes away from bone, brushing occasionally with any marinade.
- 8Season with salt to taste after cooking.
- 9Cut into serving sized portions of 3 to 4 ribs.
- 10Garnish: Cut lemons into wedges.
- 11Garnish ribs with lemon wedges, and lemon rind and thyme, if using.
Browse Our Top Marinades and Rubs Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Marinades and Rubs Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Herbed Lemon Spareribs
Serving Size: 1 (282 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 861.0
- Calories from Fat 680
- Total Fat 75.6 g
- Saturated Fat 23.1 g
- Cholesterol 176.9 mg
- Sodium 176.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 39.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fresh lemon rind