3 hrs 30 mins
My family loves lamb. I have an abundance of fresh herbs growing in my garden, and this is one of my favorite recipes for leg of lamb. Every fall I can some pear and apple chutney, and I usually serve it with lamb, instead of mint jelly.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Season lamb with salt and pepper.
- 2Sliver two cloves of the garlic.
- 3With a sharp knife, cut slits into the lamb and insert the slivers of garlic.
- 4Rub meat generously all over with the dijon mustard.
- 5Mix the herbs and pat evenly all over meat.
- 6Heat oven to 375.
- 7In roaster with a cover, place the lamb and the remaining peeled cloves of garlic.
- 8Roast uncovered for 1 hour.
- 9Reduce the broth and wine to make 2 cups.
- 10At the end of the hour, reduce the oven temperature to 300.
- 11Pour the 2 cups liquid over the lamb, cover and roast for one hour.
- 12At the end of this hour, baste and roast for 45 minutes longer.
- 13Turn off the oven and let sit, covered.
- 14Serve with au jus and chutney or mint sauce, if desired.
Browse Our Top Lamb/Sheep Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Herbed Leg of Lamb
Serving Size: 1 (307 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 557.3
- Calories from Fat 356
- Total Fat 39.6 g
- Saturated Fat 16.9 g
- Cholesterol 156.4 mg
- Sodium 488.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 42.1 g