Recipe by Wendy's Kitchen
Our favourite barbequed lamb, served with a yoghurt sauce and normally store bought pita bread and salad.
- 3⁄4 cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 bay leaf, crumbled
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh herbs (rosemary, oregano, parsley)
- 1 kg cubed lamb, backstrap
- 200 g plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon mint, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
Directions See How It's Made
- For sauce combine all ingredients.
- Soak skewers in water for at least 20 minutes to they dont burn on the barbeque.
- Combine all marinade ingredients and marinate lamb for at least 4 hours (more preferably).
- Thread lamb on skewers (you can alternate with onion halves and mushrooms).
- Barbeque until cooked to your liking.
- Serve with sauce.