Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
You can use dried herbs for this, but since the cooking time isn't at all long, I prefer to use fresh. Plus, fresh herbs look so much nicer as garnish.
- 1 teaspoon thyme, minced
- 1 teaspoon oregano, minced
- 1 teaspoon rosemary, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coriander, ground
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 dash paprika
- 4 lamb loin chops, about 1-1/4 inches thick
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon peel, grated
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- In a small bowl, combine the thyme, oregano, and rosemary Set aside 1/4 teaspon, for garnish. Add the salt, coriander, and black pepper and rub mixture on both sides of lamb chops.
- Combine the oil, lemon juice, bay leaves, and lemon peel.
- Coat chops with the oil mixture (*Note: I like to make oil mixture in a large ziploc bag and add chops to mix in there.).
- Let stand in marinade for about 5 minutes, and drain.
- Heat a large skillet and brown chops for about 2 minutes on each side.
- Reduce heat to medium, cover, and cook chops to desired doneness.
- Top with butter and garnish with reserved herb mixture.