Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
These are excellent when served with a tofu scramble in the morning.
- 1⁄3-1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 6 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, crushed (I like a lot of garlic, so feel free to use more or less if you please)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon parsley flakes, or 1 tablespoon fresh
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat the oil in large non-stick pan over medium-high heat.
- Add all ingredients.
- Fry until tender, stirring frequently.
I used unpeeled potatoes. Boy oh boy was this good! I made it as a side dish and I enjoyed this more than the main dish.
I made these last night, and my Brit husband, the self-proclaimed "Chip King" loved them. Instead of dicing the potatoes I kept them in thin strips, and used one HUGE onion instead of a small one. This one is a keeper!
great stuff...but I used olive oil... I refuse to use anything other!!! LOL... They go nice and crisp but tender inside...very very good!