1/3 Photos of Herbed Hamburger Pie With a Cornbread Crust
echo echo's Note:
An easy-to-make supper--the thyme and garlic make it quite flavorful. For crust you just spread corn bread mix over the top. UPDATE: When I first posted this recipe, I listed the amount of flour as 1/4 cup. However, that is only necessary if the hamburger you're using has a very fatty content. Nowadays, I use fairly lean hamburger (90%), which doesn't yield as much juice, so I've cut the amount of flour in half to just 2 Tbsp. I think the 4 Tbsp (1/4 cup) works best with 75% or less lean ground beef. So adjust the amount of flour you use to reflect the fattiness of the beef.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 680.38 g ground beef
- cooking spray
- 29.58 ml flour
- 1 medium potato, chopped
- 236.59 ml sliced carrot
- 236.59 ml onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 118.29 ml diced celery
- 236.59 ml beef bouillon
- 4.92 ml salt (optional)
- 4.92 ml fresh thyme leaves, chopped or 2.46 ml dried thyme leaves
- 2.46 ml black pepper
- 1.23 ml garlic powder or 1.23 ml instant minced garlic
- 340.19 g package corn muffin mix
- 1Brown the meat in a pan coated with cooking spray.
- 2Blend the flour into the meat juices.
- 3Add the potato through salt.
- 4Cover, bring to a boil, lower heat and simmer 5 minutes.
- 5Remove from heat and add the thyme through garlic powder.
- 6Place in a 2 quart casserole.
- 7Prepare the corn muffin batter according to package directions for cornbread and spread over the meat mixture.
- 8Bake 40 minutes, uncovered, at 375°F.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Herbed Hamburger Pie With a Cornbread Crust
Serving Size: 1 (266 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 548.3
- Calories from Fat 216
- Total Fat 24.0 g
- Saturated Fat 8.4 g
- Cholesterol 78.2 mg
- Sodium 940.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.6 g
- Sugars 14.0 g
- Protein 28.3 g