Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
I have often served this or a variation on Christmas morning. It is also good for a brunch or lunch.
- 1⁄2 small onion, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leave, minced,or 1/4 teaspoon dried,crumbled
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary leaf, minced,or 1/4 teaspoon dried,crumbled
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 lb ham steak, chopped (about 3/4 cup)
- 1⁄3 cup grated extra-sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley leaves
- In an 8- or 9-inch flameproof heavy skillet cook onions and garlic in oil over moderately low heat, stirring, until softened.
- In a bowl whisk together eggs, thyme, rosemary and pepper to taste.
- Add egg mixture to onion mixture and cook, without stirring, 2 minutes.
- Add ham and cook, without stirring, 8 minutes, or until edges are set but center is still soft.
- While frittata is cooking, preheat broiler.
- Sprinkle Cheddar on frittata and broil about 4 inches from heat until cheese is bubbling, about 1 minute.
- Sprinkle with parsley and cut into wedges.
I was looking for a quick recipe to use up some ham and 6 eggs, this was a good choice; served with a salad and enjoyed by all! I used dried herbs and the flavour combination was good. I added a little chopped fresh tomato to the mixture. The texture was smooth and creamy.