1/3 Photos of Herbed Ham and Cheddar Frittata
I have often served this or a variation on Christmas morning. It is also good for a brunch or lunch.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 small onion, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leave, minced,or 1/4 teaspoon dried,crumbled
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary leaf, minced,or 1/4 teaspoon dried,crumbled
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 lb ham steak, chopped (about 3/4 cup)
- 1/3 cup grated extra-sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley leaves
- 1In an 8- or 9-inch flameproof heavy skillet cook onions and garlic in oil over moderately low heat, stirring, until softened.
- 2In a bowl whisk together eggs, thyme, rosemary and pepper to taste.
- 3Add egg mixture to onion mixture and cook, without stirring, 2 minutes.
- 4Add ham and cook, without stirring, 8 minutes, or until edges are set but center is still soft.
- 5While frittata is cooking, preheat broiler.
- 6Sprinkle Cheddar on frittata and broil about 4 inches from heat until cheese is bubbling, about 1 minute.
- 7Sprinkle with parsley and cut into wedges.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Herbed Ham and Cheddar Frittata
Serving Size: 1 (209 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 375.4
- Calories from Fat 237
- Total Fat 26.4 g
- Saturated Fat 9.5 g
- Cholesterol 471.5 mg
- Sodium 998.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 29.4 g