Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 12 hrs
Cook 1 hr
This is an easy, easy, easy grill recipe that turn out perfect every time.
Make and share this Herbed Grilled Beef Tenderloin recipe from Food.com.
- Trim all excess fat and silver skin from beef. Fold narrow tip end under to form an even thickness of tenderloin. Tie butcher string every 2" to keep shape.
- Mix together remaining ingredients and rub evenly over entire tenderloin. Refrigerate overnight.
- Sear beef over high heat on grill, using direct heat, until all sides are browned and carmelized.
- Reduce grill heat to medium, and place beef over indirect heat. Close grill and cook for 45 minutes. Do not open grill or cooking time will greatly increase. Check beef with instant read meat thermometer: 120 degrees for rare, 130 degrees for medium rare (ideal), 140 degrees for medium.
- Remove beef from grill, cover tightly with aluminum foil and allow to rest for 15 minutes before slicing thinly.
I made this recipe last summer. I cooked it rare and we served to 10 people exactly as the recipe indicated. Everyone at the party said that this was the best meat they have ever had in their lives, I agree. It is a great recipe. Thank you for sharing!