Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe is great for a special dinner. Simple to make and looks great on the plate.
- 907.18 g fresh green beans, trimmed
- 709.77 ml water
- 2.46 ml salt
- 113.39 g sliced mushrooms
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 14.79 ml butter
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 14.79 ml fresh thyme
- 29.58 ml sliced almonds
- salt and pepper
- Bring salted water to boil.
- Add trimmed green beans cook until tender but still crisp.
- Drain, chill in ice water- set aside- drain again after chilled.
- In saute pan heat oil and butter, add mushroom and garlic.
- Sautee' til tender.
- Add beans to mushrooms.
- Heat through.
- Add thyme leaves, almonds and season to taste with salt and pepper.
These are really good. I added a pinch of savory, and substituted sesame seeds for the almonds. Easy enough for every day, and tasty and attractive enough for company. Made for Football Pool 2010 week 1. Thanks for posting!
This was so easy and delicious. I used dried thyme and skipped the almonds as my family doesn't care for fruit/nuts in food. I will make again thank you for posting. Made for Fall PAC 09