Recipe by Chef KateHas2
This is an herb marinated chicken that is actually baked. An even bigger twist on breaded chicken with other variations. It was my creation that turned out to be the best chicken I've had this year!
- 2 lbs chicken thighs or 2 lbs chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese (divided)
- 2 limes, juice of
- 3 tablespoons fresh basil
- 1 -2 garlic clove
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, plus
- 1⁄4 teaspoon xtra salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne (or more)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3⁄4 cup of your favorite breadcrumbs
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse chicken throughly.
- Put all ingredients in a blender or food processer except half of cheese,the black pepper, and the bread crumbs.
- Blend til blended but not all basil is broken down.
- Pierce chicken several times with small knife or meat fork, marinate chicken in your very green mixture for 2-3 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix bread crumbs with pepper, remaining salt and cheese coat chicken with breading and place on an UN-greased baking sheet.
- Bake for 35 minute til golden brown.
- ENJOY! Great with a light flavored bean or pasta salad and definately deserves a great dessert to relax with afterwards.
- * 1/4 cup of green olives or.
- 1 jalpeno can be added to the marinate to make a tangy or spicy twist to this!
- Only 25-30 min needed to cook chicken breasts.