Prep 5 mins
Cook 3 hrs
From That's my Home. I love this bread and we have it often, I am now posting for ZWT6!
Make and share this Herbed Grecian Bread (Abm) recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup milk (about 85F)
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1⁄3 cup chopped pitted kalamata olive
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons shortening or 2 teaspoons cooking oil
- 3 cups bread flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary (or 1 tablespoon snipped fresh rosemary, crushed)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon active dry yeast or 1 teaspoon bread machine yeast
- Add ingredients to bread pan in order suggested by the manufacturer (mine is liquids first).
- Select most appropriate cycle on your ABM. I have an "herbed bread" cycle on mine but a basic or white bread cycle should work just fine!
Delicious. The feta and olives did not overwhelm. I ate nearly half a loaf, just "tasting" this, so this was a big hit! Made for August 2011 Veggie Swap.
Great bread. I made this using 1.5 tsp of yeast but aside from that this was made as directed. It has made gorgeous buns that I now can't wait to make a sandwich with. I wondered about the small amount of salt but, of course, the feta and olives supply the rest. The dough is lovely to work with and it makes a soft, well textured bread. Excellent.
Made as written for ZWT6, this is some mighty fine bread. I had to add an extra tbsp of water as my ABM seemed to struggle in the 2nd kneading process. The taste is great, altho I admit to adding a bit of garlic as a pers pref. The texture is perfect, light & airy w/o being at all fragile. We loved it! Thx for sharing the recipe w/us. :-)