Recipe by spatchcock
This is an adopted recipe that I've not yet had the chance to try, although it looks wonderful. Any reviews by those who make this recipe before I do (or after, of course) would be appreciated. Thanks!
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup swiss cheese, Shredded (4 oz.)
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, Shredded (1 oz.)
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill or 1 teaspoon dill weed, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives or 1 teaspoon dried chives, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- In 2-quart saucepan, heat 1 cup water, butter and salt to a boil.
- Remove from heat and add flour all at once, beating until smooth.
- Return saucepan to medium heat; cook, stirring constantly, until dough becomes stiff and pulls away from sides of pan, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and beat in eggs, one at a time. Stir in 2/3 cup Swiss cheese, Parmesan cheese, parsley, dill and chives.
- Lightly grease one or two baking sheets.
- Drop heaping tablespoon of dough onto baking sheet, forming one 15 inch or two 8-inch rings, with dough barely touching.
- Sprinkle with rema ining 1/3 cup Swiss cheese. Bake at 425 degrees F 25 minutes or until puffed and golden brown.
- Serve warm.