Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Recipe found in Barefoot Contessa's Parties Cookbook
Make and share this Herbed Goat Cheese Tea Sandwiches recipe from Food.com.
FOR THE SPREAD
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 10 1⁄2 ounces goat cheese, room temperature
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh thyme, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
- 5 tablespoons milk or 5 tablespoons half-and-half or 5 tablespoons heavy cream
- 3⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper, freshly ground
FOR THE SANDWICHES
- 2 loaves seven-grain bread, thinly sliced
- 1 English cucumber, not peeled
- For the spread, place the cream cheese, goat cheese, garlic, thyme, parsley, 5 tablespoons milk, salt, and pepper in bowl of an electric mixer fitted with paddle attachment.
- Beat on medium speed until well mixed. Add an additional tablespoon of milk if the spread is very thick.
- To make sandwiches, spread each slice of bread with the goat cheese spread.
- Slice the cucumber in thin rounds and arrange on half the bread slices.
- Top with remaining bread, press slightly.
- Trim off the crusts, and cut into halves, thirds, or triangles.