Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Recipe found in Barefoot Contessa's Parties Cookbook
Make and share this Herbed Goat Cheese Tea Sandwiches recipe from Food.com.
FOR THE SPREAD
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 10 1⁄2 ounces goat cheese, room temperature
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh thyme, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
- 5 tablespoons milk or 5 tablespoons half-and-half or 5 tablespoons heavy cream
- 3⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper, freshly ground
FOR THE SANDWICHES
- 2 loaves seven-grain bread, thinly sliced
- 1 English cucumber, not peeled
- For the spread, place the cream cheese, goat cheese, garlic, thyme, parsley, 5 tablespoons milk, salt, and pepper in bowl of an electric mixer fitted with paddle attachment.
- Beat on medium speed until well mixed. Add an additional tablespoon of milk if the spread is very thick.
- To make sandwiches, spread each slice of bread with the goat cheese spread.
- Slice the cucumber in thin rounds and arrange on half the bread slices.
- Top with remaining bread, press slightly.
- Trim off the crusts, and cut into halves, thirds, or triangles.
If you make nothing else at your next tea, at least make these sandwiches. Amazingly good.
Absolutely, loved this recipe. Perfect with the pumpernickel bread (lightly toasted) and cucumber. Reminds me of home. Thank you for the posting.
This recipe is super-easy, and better still, the cheese spread can be made up to a few days in advance. If making the sandwiches a day ahead, layer with damp paper towels to keep the bread from drying out. I've gotten many requests for this recipe, which is a tribute to its yumminess!