Prep 35 mins
Cook 0 mins
This was a great way for me to use up the trimmings from my herb garden. The bites kept very well, completely submerged in the evoo for two weeks, so far. Lovely to have on hand, and the olive oil takes on a nice flavor, making it a useful plus for salad dressing, once all the goat cheese is gone.
- 8 ounces goat cheese
- 2 ounces room temperature cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons basil chiffonade
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh Italian parsley
- 2 tablespoons minced sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons minced fresh oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- extra virgin olive oil, to cover
- Mash together with a fork the goat cheese, cream cheese, herbs, tomatoes, salt and pepper.
- Chill this mixture in the refrigerator for a while to make it easier to work with.
- Roll small scoops of the goat cheese mix in your hands to make smooth balls.
- Put the balls in a clean jar, and completely cover with the evoo. Store in the refrigerator for at least 1 day, to give the flavors time to develop.
- Serve on a cheese platter, or with baguette, crackers, crudites.
- The oil makes a wonderful addition to a salad dressing!
Delicious little bites of goodness! I just loved these~ Thanks so much for posting. I did half the recipe. Made for Pick a Chef event(PAC). Edited to gibe stars, can't believe I forgot! :)