1/2 Photos of Herbed Goat Cheese Bites
Chef Edlear's Note:
This was a great way for me to use up the trimmings from my herb garden. The bites kept very well, completely submerged in the evoo for two weeks, so far. Lovely to have on hand, and the olive oil takes on a nice flavor, making it a useful plus for salad dressing, once all the goat cheese is gone.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces goat cheese
- 2 ounces room temperature cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons basil chiffonade
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh Italian parsley
- 2 tablespoons minced sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced fresh oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- extra virgin olive oil, to cover
- 1Mash together with a fork the goat cheese, cream cheese, herbs, tomatoes, salt and pepper.
- 2Chill this mixture in the refrigerator for a while to make it easier to work with.
- 3Roll small scoops of the goat cheese mix in your hands to make smooth balls.
- 4Put the balls in a clean jar, and completely cover with the evoo. Store in the refrigerator for at least 1 day, to give the flavors time to develop.
- 5Serve on a cheese platter, or with baguette, crackers, crudites.
- 6The oil makes a wonderful addition to a salad dressing!
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Herbed Goat Cheese Bites
Serving Size: 1 (319 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 59.3
- Calories from Fat 44
- Total Fat 4.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 13.4 mg
- Sodium 141.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 3.0 g