Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
A great appetizer that can be served in a puff pastry shell warm or cold.
- 12 ounces log of fresh mild goat cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened at room temperature
- 6 sun-dried tomatoes, dry and not packed in oil
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry basil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash white pepper
- 8 frozen puff pastry shells
- Soak the sundried tomatoes in the wine for 30 minutes or overnight for best results.
- Mix the goat and cream cheeses together in a bowl, blending well.
- Remove the sundried tomatoes, chop them fine, and discard the wine. Add to cheese mixture.
- Add all other ingredients.
- Mix very well until evenly blended.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- To serve in a puff pastry shell, bake the shells according to the package instructions. Cool them to room temperature.
- Place a scoop of the herbed goat cheese mix into each pastry shell.
- Return the shells to the oven and bake at 350°F for 10 minutes to just warm them.
- Best served warm with a knife to spread the herbed cheese onto pieces of the pastry.