Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
From "Tyler's Ultimate," episode "Chicken Parmigiana"
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pinch kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 lb crusty baguette, 1 loaf
- On your cutting board, sprinkle garlic with salt and olive oil. Using the flat side of a chef's knife, smear garlic against the cutting board. Scrape back together into a small pile, and repeat until garlic forms a smooth paste. (Or, do this in a mortar and pestle.).
- Stir garlic, parsley and basil into butter. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cut off ends of baguette. Slice horizontally. Smear both cut surfaces generously with herbed butter. Place on foil-lined baking sheet. Bake in preheated 350°F oven 10-15 minutes until butter is melted, bread is hot, and edges are crispy.