Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Use fresh herbs if possible. If you can't, cut the measurements down to 2 tsp of each. You can also bake this in a 400 oven for 15 minutes or until bread is hot & butter is melted.
- 1 French baguette
- 1⁄2 lb butter, softened
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chives, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons dill, finely chopped
- Cut french stick in slices 2/3 of the way through, being careful not to cut into bottom crust.
- Combine remaining ingredients thoroughly.
- Spread on slices of bread.
- Wrap securely in foil.
- Place on BBQ and grill for 10 minutes, turning occasionally.
The flavor of the herbed garlic butter was pleasing, but somehow cooking it wrapped in foil resulted in a rather soggy bread. I'll definitely use the butter again, but next time I'll just throw it under the broiler w/o the foil.
This was excellent. I used fresh parsley and chives and dried dill. I cooked it for 20 minutes in a moderate oven. Some freshly ground black pepper and a pinch of nutmeg would be a good additon next time.
Delicious bread...very easy to make! I didn't have fresh herbs, so I used 2 t of dried.