Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Oregano, thyme, or almost any other herb could be substituted for the basil here.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed through a press
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 (8 ounce) Italian bread
- Combine butter, olive oil, garlic, parsley, and basil in a small saucepan over low heat.
- Cook and stir until butter melts, approximately 1 minute.
- Split bread loaf in half lengthwise and brush herb mixture onto cut sides.
- Sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake at 420 degrees for 5-10 minutes or broil 5" from the heat for 30-60 seconds until the tops are golden brown.
This is a great garlic bread but probably too much spices for our taste. Thanks Munchkin Mama :) Made for cookbook tag game
This was very easy to make and we enjoyed it with Cheesy Spinach Manicotti. I used fresh Italian bread and followed the ingredients exactly. I would love to have tasted some thyme in the spice mixture and next time I will add this as suggested along with some Parmesan cheese. Thank you so much for a quick and easy recipe!!! My Three Chefs 2008.