Prep 0 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons total mixed herbs (rosemary, oregano, basil)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons instant yeast
- olive oil
- kosher salt
- Proof yeast, sugar and warm water for 5 minutes in a large bowl.
- To the bowl add remaining ingredients. Kneed by hand for at least 5 minutes. (If the bowl is large with a flat bottom- you can kneed right in the bowl).
- Cover dough and let dough rise in warm place for 15 minutes.
- Punch dough down. Shape dough, add olive oil and salt if desired and then let rise and additional 15 minutes.
- (Half this recipe fits nicely into an 8x8 pan).
- Place in 375 degree oven and bake for 20 to 25 minutes. Keep a close eye on this, every oven is different. Cool on a large wire rack.
Great focaccia! Oh, I just had a flashback of my first baking experience at my friend's house in the 9th grade making sugar cookies...and I making that suggestion to do so had absolutely nothing to do with the fact that I liked her brother.