A delicious bread that you can change easily by changing the herbs you put in and on it! I'm posting with the original basil, but try it with rosemary too!
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cups bread flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried basil (or other herb)
- 2 teaspoons bread machine yeast
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup fresh basil leaf, chopped (or 2 teaspoon dried...or herb of choice)
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon cornmeal
- Add ingredients for the dough according to bread machine directions.
- Select dough cycle.
- Remove dough to lightly floured surface; cover and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Grease a 13x9 inch pan and sprinkle with cornmeal.
- Press dough evenly in pan.
- Drizzle with oil, and scatter remaining topping ingredients evenly over dough.
- Cover with towel and let rise in warm place until doubled, 30-40 minutes.
- Poke deep holes with finger in risen dough about 1 inch apart.
- Bake at 400ºF on lower oven rack for 20-25 minutes, or until golden.
- Remove from pan, and serve warm.