I recently got two pounds of mini bell peppers at Costco, and after eating about half of them raw (yum! they're so sweet and tasty!) we got to the point where I needed to find something else to do with them. Here's what I came up with, and having just eaten one, I can assure you they're absolutely delicious! These can be either baked (which I usually do), or eaten uncooked.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb miniature red bell peppers or 1 lb orange bell peppers or 1 lb yellow bell pepper
- 1 1/2 cups crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons sherry wine
- 1/3 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon minced dried basil or 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon dried ancho chile powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt or 1/4 teaspoon salt or seasoning salt, to taste (I use Johnny's)
- 1Cut the tops off the mini bell peppers and take out the seeds and larger white veins; rinse out with water, then set aside.
- 2Put the crumbled feta cheese in a bowl and add the sherry; toss to coat.
- 3Mix together well the remaining ingredients in a separate bowl, then add the mixture to the feta cheese and toss to mix them all well.
- 4Spray a large casserole dish (I use a large oval white Corning Ware) with an olive oil mister or pan spray.
- 5Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 6Stuff each mini bell pepper with the herbed feta mixture, making sure there's a good amount of feta in each pepper; place peppers in the casserole dish.
- 7When all peppers are stuffed, place cover on casserole dish and bake in oven for 30 to 45 minutes until peppers are nice and soft and the cheese is melted. If too much of the cheese melts out of the peppers, use a spoon to put it back in. :)
- 8Serve and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Herbed Feta Stuffed Mini Bell Peppers
Serving Size: 1 (108 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 164.9
- Calories from Fat 88
- Total Fat 9.8 g
- Saturated Fat 6.6 g
- Cholesterol 38.2 mg
- Sodium 604.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 5.0 g
- Protein 8.3 g