1/1 Photo of Herbed Escarole Casserole
1 hr 10 mins
I was inspired by a recipe that I saw somewhere on the internet. I've changed it quite a bit to suit personal tastes. A nice side with grilled meats.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 deg. Grease a 2-cup casserole.
- 2Cut off root end of escarole. Thoroughly rinse the leaves. Bring water to boil in a large pot. Add the escarole and cook until tender, about 10 minutes. Remove and drain. Roughly chop.
- 3Heat oil in a skillet. Add the escarole, prosciutto, herbs, and garlic. Saute, stirring frequently, for about 5 minutes.
- 4Remove from heat. Stir in 1/3 cup panko and cheese.
- 5Place in casserole. Sprinkle with 1 tbl. panko.
- 6Place in oven and cook for about 25 minutes. Serve.
- 7Note1: I used a mix of basil, oregano, rosemary, sage and thyme. Use whatever you like. You can substitute 1 tbl. of mixed dry herbs, if you must - try to use something fresh, even parsley.
- 8Note2: Delis that sell prosciutto often sell the ends too small to slice at less than half price of the sliced prosciutto. It keeps a long time. Of course, you can sub sliced prosciutto.
Browse Our Top Greens Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Herbed Escarole Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (299 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 309.2
- Calories from Fat 197
- Total Fat 21.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 213.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.9 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 6.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: