Prep 5 mins
Cook 12 mins
I got this recipe out of a taste of home magazine some years ago. It has become my favorite Breadmachine roll dough. It is also very versatile. I have used it as Pizza dough, breadstick dough and rolls for hamburgers.
- 236.59 ml warm water
- 1 egg
- 29.58 ml butter or 29.58 ml margarine
- 59.14 ml sugar
- 4.92 ml salt
- 4.92-7.39 ml herbs, of your choice (I like to use Italian seasoning )
- 768.91 ml flour (I use All Purpose, but you could use Bread Flour )
- 12.32 ml yeast
- Place ingredients in your Bread machine in order directed by your manual.
- Run dough cycle.
- After 2-3 minutes check dough, if it seems wet add a tablespoon or two of flour. If it seems very dry add a tablespoon or two of water.
- When cycle is complete place dough on lightly floured surface.
- Divide dough into 12 equal pieces and shape into rolls.
- Place on a greased baking sheet ( can use greased 9x13 pan, Rolls can be touching lightly).
- Bake in a 375 degree oven for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- you can brush some melted butter on the rolls before or after baking and sprinkle with some coarse salt, but the rolls will turn out just great even without the extra butter.