Recipe by Marie
These are easily made by using the dough cycle on your bread machine. Can also be made into hamburger rolls.
Top Review by Chef shapeweaver �
On 9/30/10 I was making Spaghetti & Meatballs. And instead of using the same roll recipe I usually do, I wanted something different and decided to try this one. Boy, I'm I glad I did these were very good and the amount of seasonings didn't overpower the rest of the meal at all.The next time I need an Italian type roll this is the one I'm going to make.Thank you so much for taking the time to post this recipe. " Keep Smiling :) "
- 1 cup warm water
- 2 tablespoons soft butter
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3 1⁄4 cups bread flour
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- melted butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Place all ingredients except melted butter in bread machine pan according to manufacturer's directions.
- Select dough cycle.
- Check after 5 minutes of mixing and add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour, if needed.
- When dough cycle is complete, turn dough out onto floured board and divide into 16 portions.
- Shape each portion into a ball and place 2" apart onto greased baking sheet.
- Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Bake at 375° for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and brush with melted butter, if desired.
- Do not use time delay with this recipe.