Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is my favorite homemade crouton recipe.
Make and share this Herbed Croutons recipe from Food.com.
- 1 loaf French bread
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons onion powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground thyme
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese (optional)
- Cut bread into 1/4 inch cubes.
- Combine all ingredients in large bowl.
- Toss well.
- Bake at 350°F until crispy.
The croutons have a wonderful flavor. I used the parmesan. It took about 15 minutes to have golden croutons. I stired 3 times the croutons. Thanks Bridget Elaine :) Made for PAC Fall 2011
Delish and about as quick as you can make anything! I halved the recipe as there's only two of us and there's enough left over for a few more salads. I love the ratio of herb mixture to bread cubes here. Total cook time was 20 minutes at 350F with an occasional tossing of the croutons during cooking. Thanks for sharing this recipe, Bridget Elaine! *Made for PAC Fall 2008*