Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
Absolutely delicious and rich, almost sinful stuffing... the rosemary adds such a wonderful flavor. I've also prepared this with a chicken-apple sausage, and it was delicious although the sausage didn't crumble as well as pork sausage. Try this for a wonderful change from plain old sage stuffing.
- 1⁄2 lb pork sausage, crumbled (I've also made this with chicken & apple sausage, and it was very good)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 green onions, white and a little green,chopped
- 1⁄4 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1⁄4 tablespoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1⁄8 tablespoon dried oregano
- 6 plain croissants, torn into pieces (I like to lightly toast them in the oven first, too, so they're not too soft)
- 6 tablespoons chicken broth
- salt and pepper (depends on the flavor of your sausage)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Brown the sausage, and two types of onions together in a large skillet.
- Add thyme, rosemary and oregano; combine well.
- Stir in the croissant pieces, then the chicken broth and salt and pepper.
- Combine thoroughly, then transfer the sausage/croissant mixture to a greased 2 quart baking dish.
- Bake stuffing at 350 degrees F for about 20 minutes or until heated through.