Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
A cream cheese based dip flavoured with a mix of fresh herbs. We have enjoyed this spread on rounds of sliced cucumber and also in pastry cases topped with smoked salmon. The mix of herbs and amounts can be varied to taste and availability.
- 125 g cream cheese
- 14.79 ml sour cream
- 14.79 ml fresh basil, chopped
- 14.79 ml fresh parsley, chopped
- 4.92 ml fresh oregano, chopped
- 1.23 ml fresh rosemary, chopped
- 2 green shallots, chopped
- 4.92 ml lemon juice
- Blend or process all ingredients until smooth.
- Store covered in refrigerator for at least 2 hours or preferably overnight before using to allow flavours to develop.
I re-purposed this recipe just a bit. Instead of a dip I used it as a sauce and it was great. The addition of a small amount of light cream was all it took. After sauteing a mix of fresh broccoli, carrot slices and some mushrooms I simply added the "dip". It melted down and made a very tasty sauce for the veggies. Made for PAC, Fall. 2012
*Reviewed for PAC April 2010* Loved this dip. I kept to the recipe and made as stated and this dip was totally delicious served on some (gluten-free) rice crackers. I used fresh basil from our garden. I could imagine this dip with some garlic or chillis....whatever you have on hand really. This dip really tasted great when made...but even better the next day. Why would you buy a bought dip when this one was so easy to make and so tasty too. Photo also to be posted