Prep 25 mins
Cook 20 mins
Cute little stuffed puff pastry rounds. These are great for summer parties, showers, etc. and you gotta love how easy puff pastry is. Vary the herbs to suit the occasion.
- 1 (1 lb) package frozen puff pastry
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mixed herbs
- 1⁄4 teaspoon seasoning salt
- hot pepper sauce, just a few drops (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup sliced green pepper
- Thaw pastry sheets at room temperature for about 20 minutes before unfolding.
- Place each rectangle on lightly floured board and cut out about 2 1/2 inch rounds with biscuit cutter.
- Prick rounds with a fork and bake on an ungreased baking sheet at 350F for 18-20 minutes; cool.
- While the puffs are baking, beat together the cream cheese, herbs, seasoned salt and hot pepper sauce until well combined.
- When the pastry rounds are cool, slit through the middle but do not cut all the way through.
- Spread the inside of the pastries with the cream cheese mix and sprinkle with green pepper.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
These little bites were perfect on an appetizer buffet. I used a smaller biscuit cutter (about 1.5 inch) and baked the puff pastries the night before the party. An hour or so before the party, I sliced the puffs and spread the cream inside. As a last minute idea, I also added a tiny slice of shaved smoked turkey with the finely diced green peppers. After filling the puffs and stacking them on a platter, I sprinkled it all with chopped parsley. Everyone loved thought these were darling little "sandwiches" and loved the flavor blend.