Recipe by Leslie in Texas
I developed this one night when I was looking for something different to do with couscous. It's quick and easy and goes well with chicken, salmon, or pork.I use the Near East brand of quick couscous. If you use plain couscous, you may want to bump up the amount of herbs a little or use seasonings to your taste.
- 1 (5 2/3 ounce) boxherbed chicken quick couscous
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup carrot, diced
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced, green part includd
- 1 1⁄4 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄3 cup frozen baby peas
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute' carrots and onion in olive oil in a saucepan until tender, about 10 minutes.
- Add chicken broth and herbs and bring to a boil.
- Stir in couscous, peas, and seasoning packet from couscous. Omit the packet if using plain couscous.
- Remove from heat and let stand 5 minutes.
- Fluff with a fork and serve.