Recipe by SusieQusie
Sneak some calcium into their diets anyway you can ...
Top Review by Lalaloula
Id luv to give this wonderful recipe 5 stars-the taste is incredible and the texture very nice and fluffy as well, but unfortunately I had some slight dough problems when preparing this. It was just way too sticky after adding the cottage cheese and I couldnt seem to be able to form it one way or another. So I added a little more flour and kneaded a little longer and that way everything went just fine. The smell of these little gems baking was heavenly and oh the taste! I could have eaten them all by myself! :)The recipe yielded exactly 20 biscuits for me and I cut them with a glass of 3inch. in diameter. Thank you so much for sharing these, Susi! Ill definitely make them soon again!
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 5 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1 (16 ounce) containersmall curd low fat cottage cheese
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Combine flour, baking powder, sugar and seasoning.
- Cut in butter until mixture is crumbly.
- Add cottage cheese and eggs, stir until moistened.
- Turn onto a floured surface and knead until smooth, about 5 minutes.
- Roll out dough to 3/4-inch thickness and cut with a 2-inch floured round cutter.
- Place on ungreased baking sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.