Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Sneak some calcium into their diets anyway you can ...
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 5 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1 (16 ounce) containersmall curd low fat cottage cheese
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Combine flour, baking powder, sugar and seasoning.
- Cut in butter until mixture is crumbly.
- Add cottage cheese and eggs, stir until moistened.
- Turn onto a floured surface and knead until smooth, about 5 minutes.
- Roll out dough to 3/4-inch thickness and cut with a 2-inch floured round cutter.
- Place on ungreased baking sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
Id luv to give this wonderful recipe 5 stars-the taste is incredible and the texture very nice and fluffy as well, but unfortunately I had some slight dough problems when preparing this. It was just way too sticky after adding the cottage cheese and I couldnt seem to be able to form it one way or another. So I added a little more flour and kneaded a little longer and that way everything went just fine. The smell of these little gems baking was heavenly and oh the taste! I could have eaten them all by myself! :)The recipe yielded exactly 20 biscuits for me and I cut them with a glass of 3inch. in diameter. Thank you so much for sharing these, Susi! Ill definitely make them soon again!
These were ok, but the seasoning was too strong and the texture just wasn't what i wanted. They were too dense. I would use more flour, less cottage cheese and less seasoning. Maybe I will try these again with these changes. thanks
I made a 1/4 batch of these biscuits and they were gone before I realized that I didn't get their pix. These are wonderful! So light and fluffy they are almost like clouds on the inside with this crispy crusts. I did add an 1/8 tsp of salt but that was plenty. I skipped the sugar simply because I don't care for sweetened biscuits. They were savory and oh so good with the soup. Tall, fluffy biscuits that taste wonderful, whats not to love?