Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
- 1 1⁄4 cups self-rising cornmeal
- 3⁄4 cup self rising flour
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon marjoram
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery seed
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Grease 9 inch square baking pan (I use med size iron skillet).
- Preheat in oven.
- Combine corn meal,flour,sugar,marjoram,thyme and celery seed in a bowl.
- Combine eggs,milk and butter in a another bowl.
- Add to flour mixture,stir just untill blended.
- Pour into hot pan.
- Bake 25 minutes or until golden brown.
This was good but a little overbaked. Next time I make I will take 5 mins or so off the bake time.