Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is an adopted recipe from the Great Adoption of Feb 2005. Finally tried it out on 23 March 2009. This is a seriously good recipe.
- 4 ears corn, silked and husked
- 1 -2 tablespoon butter, melted (your preference to the amount used)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried sage
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- aluminum foil
- Preheat oven to 400F or 210°C.
- In a small bowl, combine butter and dried ingredients.
- Place corn in aluminium foil and brush corn with herbed butter.
- Wrap up well and put in oven for about 20 mins or so.
This was fantastic! :) Both DH & I loved the herbs and the flavor they brought out. Definitely a keeper - thanks for sharing!
This corn was too herbed for us. Neither my kids nor I cared for it. I still think corn on the cob is best with butter and salt and pepper.
We really enjoyed this and I was a bit skeptical. My kids threatened to scrape the herbs off but once they took a bite I didn't hear another complaint. I think this is great when you already have the oven on and want another sidedish.