Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
Use any fresh herb combination in the butter mixture for this smoky grilled corn. By leaving on the husks and wrapped in foil this lets the corn cook in its own juices and makes it taste extra fresh.
- 4 ears corn, fresh
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large garlic clove, crushed
- Pull back husks from corn, leaving husks attached at base of cob; remove silks. Rinse corn; soak in water 20 minutes. Drain.
- Combine butter and remaining 5 ingredients; stir well. Brush butter mixture over corn. Pull husks up over corn; wrap in heavy duty aluminum foil, twisting foil at each end to seal. Place corn on rack of grill; cover and grill over medium hot coals 350 to 400°F 35 to 40 minutes or until tender, turning occasionally. To serve, pull husks back, and tie in a knot. 4 servings.
- Southern Living Our Best Five Star Recips.
Absolutely love this recipe. Great combination of fresh herbs. Sometimes I will use garlic butter vs regular butter w/minced garlic (especially when feeding those not big fans of garlic). I was intrigued by the step of soaking the corn, it seemed to keep the corn moist during cooking. Fabulous recipe, thanks for sharing.