Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Fresh white corn would be better, but this recipe includes corn from the can. This would be a great side for steak or even a topping for chicken. Feel free to adjust the spices as you see fit. We love a lot of spice & herb in our foods, so if it's too much, cut back.
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 (15 ounce) can white corn
- 1⁄2 tablespoon fresh sage
- 1⁄2 tablespoon fresh rosemary
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 tablespoon freeze dried shallots
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 pinches Splenda sugar substitute
- Chop sage and rosemary.
- Add dried thyme, garlic & pepper.
- In a mortar & pestle muddle the salt & shallots into a fine grind.
- Add the salt mixture to the other herbs.
- In a frying pan, melt butter.
- Add corn and other ingredients.
- Saute the corn in the butter & herbs for about 5 minutes or until tender.
- Serve & enjoy.
I cut the amount of spices down I used teaspoon instead of tablespoon measurements but it was still really strong on the herbs almost overpowering. I think it would be better with 1/8 t sage and 1/4 t rosemary. The other herbs are ok. I didnt use the sugar substitute as I think corn is sweet enough.