Recipe by KathyP53
These are little flavorful tidbits of goat cheese rolled in a mixture of thyme, rosemary, parsley, and lemon zest. From Giada D.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 36 slices baguette (0.5 inch thick)
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh Italian parsley (flat leaf)
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon coarsely cracked fresh black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (11 ounce) log soft fresh goat cheese
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil or 1 1⁄2 tablespoons meyer lemon olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Arrange bread slices on 2 heavy baking sheets. Drizzle 3 tablespoons of olive oil over the bread. Bake until crostini are pale golden and crisp, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, stir herbs, lemon zest, pepper, and salt in a medium bowl to blend. Using about 2 teaspoons of cheese for each, form the goat cheese into 1" balls. Roll cheese balls in the herb mixture to coat completely. Arrange balls on a platter.
- Drizzle extra virgin olive oil over and around the cheese balls. Serve with crostini. Garnish with herb sprigs.
- Can prepare crostini and cheese balls 1 day ahead. Store crostini in air tight container at room temperature. COver and refrigerate cheese balls.