Recipe by JackieOhNo!
Scrumptious Sunday Supper with just 6 ingredients from Woman's World Magazine 9/14/04. Slather t hese fluffy rolls - flavored with dill and caraway - with lemony herb butter.
- 1 (16 ounce) package hot roll mix
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons dried dill
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons caraway seeds
- 1 cup warm water
- 2 tablespoons butter, at room temperature
- 1⁄2 cup butter, at room temperature
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine mix with yeast packet from mix, 1 t. dill and 1 t. caraway. Stir in water, 2 T. butter and 1 egg. On floured surface knead dough until smooth. Let stand 5 minutes.
- Coat 8 muffin pan cups with cooking spray. Cut dough into 8 pieces; cut each piece into thirds. Shape each third into ball. Place three balls in each muffin cup. Cover with kitchen towel. Let rise in warm place 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl combine remaining butter, 1 t. dill and lemon zest; refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly beat remaining egg with 1 t. water; brush over rolls. Sprinkle with remaining dill and caraway. Bake 15 minutes or until tops are golden. Serve with herbed butter.