Recipe by Ambervim
This is a nice version of healthier than from the store chips. I just made a test batch and found that vinegar creates a crunchier chip and you get all the flavor from the vinegar.
- 2 red potatoes (or sweet potatoes or rutabega or beets or turnip or carrot or whatever root veggie you would like to)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (Or VINEGAR -preferably in kitchen sprayer if not use a silicone brush to apply)
- 2 tablespoons dill, fresh, minced (or thyme or rosemary...reduce to 2tsp if dry)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Cut potatoes into VERY (less than 1/8" inch -- construction paper to cardboard) thin slices. Pat dry. Use a cotton kitchen towel and save a tree.
- Arrange in a single layer on silpat lined sheets (or coat w/oil).
- Combine spices in a small bowl.
- Bake for about 5 minutes. If doing 2 sheets in the same oven, you will probably have to rotate them.
- Spray with olive oil or vinegar. If you don't have one of those pump sprayers then just use a silicone brush to "paint" it on.
- Sprinkle spices on slices.
- Bake 5-10 more minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool on baking sheets. I find that loosening them with a thin spatula upside down is a good idea. Don't use tongs, they will crumble as you go.
- Serve with sour cream or a nice dip.