Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Refreshing salad developed for RSC Summer 2005.
- 1 (16 ounce) can chickpeas (garbanzo beans)
- 1 medium fresh tomato, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 3 scallions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 1⁄4 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1⁄4 cup of fresh mint, minced
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 -3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Rinse and drain chickpeas. Place in mixing bowl.
- Add tomato, bell pepper, scallions, capers, cheese and mint.
- Mince garlic, place in small bowl. Whisk in vinegar and olive oil to combine. Pour over chickpeas, toss lightly to combine.
- Vary the flavor of the salad by using any fresh herb, or combination of herbs that would go well with your meal. Cilantro, basil, oregano, thyme and flat-leaf parsley are all delicious.
Quick to make, packed with flavour and nutrition! I used cilantro for the herb and a bit of pepper with the dressing... so delicious and fresh. Will definitely make again and again, thanks :-)
We really enjoyed this salad and DH really likes chickpeas so it will be a new favorite. I made up the dish and let it sit for a few hours for the flavors to blend. Just a great recipe. Thanks for sharing. Made for Aus/Nz swap#26
Chickpeas, capers, feta and 1/4 of my daily fiber in one recipe -- WOW, I'm completely sold. Made as written, using the third tablespoon of vinegar (I love sour). Next time, I might also add some parsley and coriander (cilantro). Yummo! Thanks!