- 1 (16 ounce) can chickpeas (garbanzo beans)
- 1 medium fresh tomato, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 3 scallions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 1⁄4 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1⁄4 cup of fresh mint, minced
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 -3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse and drain chickpeas. Place in mixing bowl.
- Add tomato, bell pepper, scallions, capers, cheese and mint.
- Mince garlic, place in small bowl. Whisk in vinegar and olive oil to combine. Pour over chickpeas, toss lightly to combine.
- Vary the flavor of the salad by using any fresh herb, or combination of herbs that would go well with your meal. Cilantro, basil, oregano, thyme and flat-leaf parsley are all delicious.