Recipe by Jellyqueen
I will be honest. I have not tried this recipe yet. It is planned for the near future, though. I received this recipe in one of those newletters you receive via the email, but I can't remember which one.
- 1 -1 1⁄2 lb chicken tenders
- 6 -8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 -3 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 (6 ounce) boxchicken flavored long grain and wild rice blend
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of chicken soup (if you can find the herbed cream soup, it is best)
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon herbs (mixture of your choice, parsley, thyme, tarragon, etc.)
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute the chicken pieces and mushrooms in oil and butter until chicken is very lightly browned.
- Place bacon on bottom of 3 1/2 quart or larger crockpot.
- Place package of rice over bacon, reserving the package of seasoning that is enclosed in the box.
- Place chicken tenders over rice.
- Pour soup over chicken, then add water.
- Top with seasonings and sprinkle with herb mixture.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 5 to 6 hours, or until rice is tender.
- NOTE: Some of the boxed rice mixes may already be combined with the seasonings.
- That is not problem.